Valentine’s Day is almost here—and naturally, love is on our minds. Love of boating, of course. Here are just 5 reasons we’re head over heels for boating.
- Every boat trip takes you a millions miles away from your daily routine. Out on the water you can play by your own rules. (After all, you’re the captain.) You can leave your stress on shore and just go!
- Boating is the original social network. It’s true. Boaters are a friendly lot—when we pass each other, we smile and wave! As a boater you’re part of a community of people who share your love of the water, the outdoors and having fun. And, let’s face it, there’s no such thing as a lonely boater—if you have a boat, you can always find someone eager to join you on your next on-water adventure.
- Boating is good for your health—physical and mental. Spending active time outdoors on your boat is as good for your body as it is for your mind. Being out in the fresh air and sunshine boosts your mood, as much as the physical activity required contributes to your overall fitness.
- You’re never too young or too old to have fun on a boat. Even if your crew includes tots, tweens, teens and grandparents there are activities everyone on board can enjoy—fishing, tubing, and sightseeing come to mind immediately. And with a little prep, Fido can cruise with the family, too.
- Boating isn’t really about the boat. It’s about relationships—the people you boat with. Spending time together on the water is one of the best ways to connect with your loved ones. And best of all, it doesn’t matter whether your boat is the latest model or a cruiser that’s been around the lake a few hundred times, the moments that turn into lasting memories are waiting to happen as soon as you step on deck.
These are just a few of the reasons we think life is better with a boat. What are yours?